This is the official website of the Holy Cross Parish at Burnaby, BC
Update as of April 3, 2020
I hope you and your loved ones are doing well. We are all faced with coping and trying to find new ways to live our lives in these unprecedented times. As a community, here at Holy Cross we try to stay together through prayer and by reaching out to one another. I hope, by weekly updating our Parish Website, is proving to be another avenue of communication for you.
As in my update of March 24, 2020, please refer to times and guidelines pertaining to Confessions and Parking Lot Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.
Sunday Mass Recordings: On our Website you will find the recording of our weekly Sunday Mass. For this weekend, April 05 – Palm Sunday, the recording will be available on Saturday not earlier than 9.00 pm. On Easter Sunday it will be available on Sunday around 9.00 am.
Holy Week: I will not be recording any Holy Week Celebrations* – only Easter Sunday. I strongly recommend you watch these Celebrations* live-streamed from Holy Rosary Cathedral, Vancouver, celebrant being Archbishop J. Michael Miller at https://rcav.org/coronavirus/#streaming
Sunday Offering: Also, in the top right corner of our website, is a link to Sunday Offering: https://rcav.org/sunday-offering/ I am taking this opportunity to thank those of you have continued to support our parish via pre-authorized payment and dropping off donations. It is greatly appreciated!
formed.org: Please refer to this link – https://leaders.formed.org/faith-at-home/ It has an abundance of resources to support families pertaining to the teachings of the Domestic Church.
Please. . .let us all try to stay healthy, following and maintaining guidelines pertaining to COVID-19. Let us stay positive and don’t lose faith!
Fr. Chris Pastuszka, SDS, Pastor
Message from Fr. Chris
Update March 26, 2020
Fr. Konrad will begin the Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament this coming Wednesday, April 1st, at 3:00 pm. The Adoration will be held on every Wednesday at the same time for one hour from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed in the front of our church (under the roof at the entrance, facing our parking lot between the church and the school). You may adore the Blessed Sacrament from your car or standing in the parkinglot and make sure to continue to keep your social distance of 2 metres or 6 feet.
Update as of March 24, 2020
Never did I think I would be updating our Parish Website with this type of letter and with this type of content re the present situation of the Coronavirus 19 (COVID-19) pandemic. Many things have happened in the past two weeks…and to say that it is “scary”, would be putting it mildly. I sincerely hope that we are all learning to live and cope with this frightening reality.
Since the Masses and other activities in all parishes of our Archdiocese have been cancelled, Fr. Konrad and I are looking for ways to be available for our parishioners:
- Live Stream Mass: I hope that this coming weekend, I will be able to live stream Mass from our church. You may find some other options for live streaming Masses at www.rcav.org
- Confessions: Fr. Konrad will be available for Confessions on Tuesdays from 10:00 till 11:00 am, Thursdays from 7:15 till 8:15 pm and Saturdays from 4.00 till 5.00 pm.
PLEASE NOTE: Come to the parish office and knock on the door. When Fr. Konrad acknowledges your presence, please distance yourself from the parish office door (by at least two meters). You may also reach Fr. Konrad at 778 233 7355 (by calling or texting) and set up a time for confessions with him.
I, too, will be available for confessions – by appointment only. You can email me at chris1978Sds@hotmail.com or call me at 604 299 3814 ext.3.
- Formed.org: With the approval of the Parish council, l have purchased a 1 year subscription to Formed.org that will help nourish your spiritual needs. Formed.org is essentially a Netflix for Catholics. It is run by the Augustine Institute and provides videos, books and audio talks for children, teens and adults. There is also a faith formation series. All parishioners will have free unlimited access to this program. I hope with our current situation, COVID-19, many individuals that are stuck at home and watching Netflix or other streaming services will take advantage of this service as an alternative containing Catholic content.
Steps to sign up to Formed.org
- Go to formed.org/signup
- Choose “I belong to a Parish or Organization”
- Write Holy Cross Burnaby
- Select our parish (make sure it is 1450 Delta Ave, Burnaby)
- Register with your name and email address
- Check that email account for a link to begin using FORMED
Fr. Konrad and I are offering Masses every day in our parish church for the intentions that you have requested. We will continue to keep you and your families in our daily prayers.
Last, but not least…….For the sake of all of us….no matter where we are or whom we may encounter. .REMEMBER TO COMPLY WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING. Stay healthy and safe!
Fr. Chris Pastuszka, SDS, Pastor