This coming weekend of May 23 and 24, 2020, we are reopening our church for daily and weekend Masses, following the guidelines issued by the Archdiocese of Vancouver. You may find them here after opening this link. https://rcav.org/coronavirus/
The fact that we are reopening doesn’t mean that we are expecting all of our parishioners to come back for Mass – you do so at your own risk. All the faithful of our Archdiocese remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sunday. The 5:00 pm Mass will still be recorded and posted on our website. Please, you should not come to the church if you are not feeling well, or perhaps not yet comfortable or you do not feel safe about attending.
If you decide to come, please, keep in mind the following:
- Register each individual person (not a couple or family) for every daily or weekend Mass by using our website link below (this is preferred).
If you are unable to do this, please call the parish office 604-299-3814 Ext. 2 to register.
- At all times maintain social distancing (including in the parking lot)
- ENTER the church using the main door only.
- Strictly follow the instructions of the ushers.
- Bring your own sanitizer. If you should forget to bring some, the ushers will have some available.
- Minimize the amount of surfaces that you touch in the Church. Perhaps you will feel more comfortable wearing gloves while attending Mass.
- Sit in a pew that is designated for the Mass you are attending (pews will be individually marked with signs for that particular mass)
- DO NOT use the washroom (even when you come for prayer during the week). We are not able to clean and sanitize it after each use. Those with little children and individuals needing to use the bathroom frequently should, perhaps, postpone the decision to attend church at this time.
- Please do not touch the kneelers with your hand but rather move them with your foot. If you cannot do this, please remain seated.
RECEIVING OF COMMUNION and EXITING OF CHURCH:
- Receiving of Holy Communion will be possible but is optional and at your own discretion.
- If you are wearing gloves, they must be removed before receiving the Eucharist.
- Distribution and receiving of Holy Communion will be given at the end of Mass.
- There will be no option to receive Holy Communion on the tongue.
- Holy Communion will only be distributed after the final Blessing.
- Even if you do not receive Holy Communion, please come forward for a blessing.
- After receiving Communion or a blessing, ALL parishioners will leave immediately, EXITING by the side door of the Church.
- More instructions about receiving Communion will be given at Mass.
PHYSICAL SET UP:
- There will be no Sacristans, Eucharistic Ministers, Altar Servers or regular Lectors at this time
- There will be no hymnals or Sunday missals in the pews.
- There will be no choir in attendance or congregational singing at this time.
- The Adoration Chapel/crying room will not be available for use at any Masses.
CONFESSIONS, MASS SCHEDULE and ADORATION:
- Confessionals will still not be used.
- We will continue with the practice of hearing Confessions near the side door of the church under the rectory canopy.
- Also, there will be no more Confessions on: Tuesdays between 10:00 – 11:00 am, nor on Thursdays between 7:15 – 8:15 pm.
- Fr. Konrad and I will resume hearing Confessions at our regular time (before weekly Masses and on Saturdays at 4:00 pm).
- Weekday Masses will be at 9.00 am until further notice.
- Divine Mercy Mass on Fridays at 7:30 pm will remain cancelled until further notice.
- There will be no more Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on our parking lot on Wednesdays.
- The side door of the church will be open Monday – Friday between 9.00 am – 4.00 pm.
Yes, these are challenging times and nothing remains the same. However, by working and cooperating together in implementing the above “changes”, we will, hopefully, be able to further embrace our faith.
Fr. Chris Pastuszka, SDS
- MASS INTENTIONS for May 25 to 31, 2020 (Requested by)
Mon 9:00 am +Rosina D’Onofrio (Livia Lazazzera and Family)
Tues. 9:00 am Spl. Int. Chit Velasco (Diva and John)
Wed. 9:00 am +Spl. Int. Lanny and Chit (May and Don)
Thurs 9:00 am Spl. Int. Lanny and Chit (Lanny and Danny)
Fri. 9:00 am +Gina Bassetto (Liliana Sartori)
Sat. 9:00 am ++Nazzareno and Vittoria Catania (Daughter)
Sat 5:00 pm Parishioners
Sun. 8:00 am +Sam Buonassisi (Jakus Family)
Spl. Int. James Harrington (Family)
Sun. 10:00am +Dora Grossi (Liguori Family)
+Franc Noc (Liguori Family)
+Giuseppe Pagnotta (Liguori Family)
+Sam Buonassisi (Liguori Family)
Sun. 12:00 Noon +Jun Lopez (Alfonso Family)
Spl. Int. Virgie Parel (Perla)
Sun. 7:30 pm ++Charlotte and Lester da Silva (Lucille S.)